Saturday, May 18, 2013

Family templates, which one is the good one ?

A lot of people get lost when it's time to choose the right family template. In fact, Autodesk added new family templates with the lastest releases. A lot of these new templates don’t add anything special to the family behavior in the project. The only differences between the generic model template and the structural foundation template, for instance, are the category and family parameters already set. This means that I can do the same family using the generic model template. From a new user's standpoint, having this long list of template is more a headache then a real boost.
I decided to do this diagram to help users understand which template to use. It's a first draft but before spending too much time on that I'd like to have some input and feedback from people on which questions I should add to this decision workflow. Let me know your thought !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask you comment or question here ...