Saturday, August 3, 2013

Transforming computational design in functional structures in Revit




This workflow is somehow hard to get in Revit because you can't get correct analytic lines from nested families in adaptive component. So you have to create the adaptive component place it with Dynamo on your mass then create manually all the structural framing using the pick line tool in the project.

I found a great video by Nathan Miller on his Youtube chanel. Automating the creation of analytic lines for complex structures like that is something I have tried to do for a while now in Revit. What is interesting about their plug-in is that it automates the process of creating manually all the objects in Revit. However I am not using Rhino nor Grasshopper so I guess I'll have to wait before seeing this same plug-in working only in the Revit environment with Dynamo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask you comment or question here ...