Last month BIM One & ORUG met at a restaurant on Spadina, Toronto with a small group of folks to talk about Autodesk Infraworks and the development of a Toronto virtual city.
During this first session we have :
- Identified members expectations
- Presented the model
- Identified that a potential collaboration solution could be Infraworks 360.
- That it would be valuable to add underground infrastructure data
- Identified that the model is currently developed with Infraworks R4
- BIM One will be updating the data in the virtual city model.
- Identified that everyone who share data can get the model for free.
- Identified that the there is no favourite file format, it only has to be directly supported by Infraworks.
- Demonstrated how your existing 2D CAD and GIS data can be easily converted into 3D
- Established that the city will be split in "squares" with number to facilitate area assignment to collaborators.